Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cobra on the Loose in New York

Cobra on a Carpet, Marrakesh (September 23, 2002)

For the last couple of days news headlines have alerted New Yorkers that a venomous cobra is missing from the Bronx Zoo. Thinking back through my files of images, I remember taking this photo of a deadly cobra with his two serpent friends in the background while on a family vacation in Morocco....no zoom lens, nothing. There's not much space between me and that snake who was poised and ready to have me for lunch. For some reason, I leaned in to get a good shot. I really don't know what I was thinking!

All of Manhattan has been abuzz (dare I say, a-twitter even) with the news of the missing (or escaped?) reptile. Some clever person has given the "snake on the town" a voice with a hilarious twitter account that chronicles his travels and activities as a tourist in is very own city. Amassing over 150,000 followers in just a few days, here are some of my favorite entries to date:
__________

Enjoying a cupcake at Magnolia Bakery. This is going straight to my hips. Oh, wait. I don't have hips. Yesss!

Getting on the ferry to Ellis Island. Let's hope this goes better than that time on the plane.

Taking the Sex and the City Tour!!! I'm totally a SSSamantha.

At the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The Temple of Dendur really kicks some asp.

Getting my morning coffee at the Mudtruck. Don't even talk to me until I've had my morning coffee.
Seriously, don't. I'm venomous.

Holding very still in the snake exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. This is gonna be hilarious!

Dear NYC, Apples and snakes have gone together since the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment