Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nostalgia - Fashion Plates

Back in the late 1970s, I remember having an artsy toy called Fashion Plates. It amused me for hours especially on rainy weekends. But somewhere around the high school era, I must have gotten rid of it. After seeing a set as I was browsing eBay one day, I became obsessed. I needed to find them again! I cleaned my apartment, my old room at my parent's house, the attic, the basement- everywhere. After turning everyting upside down, I decided to just get it online.

When it arrived, I opened the box, and the memories came flooding back - it became a very emotional moment significant of time that has passed, and my love for being creative.

I dug out some scrap soft printmaking paper and immediately went to work.
I love the results- they look like kitschy charcoal drawings, but the kitsch factor makes me feel like I'm 10 years old again.



1 comment: