Monday, February 28, 2011

Balloon Man - The Artwork of Jason Hackenwerth

I often post here about how much I love looking at the store windows as I walk around Midtown Manhattan. I am always surprised by the breadth and scope of the creativity (and the work involved) for stores like Barneys, Anthropologie, and Bergdorf Goodman. Currently at Bergdorf's, there is one of the wildest displays I've ever seen featuring the balloon art of Jason Hackenwerth.

Are these sea creatures? Perhaps the prehistoric lamprey or a macro-view of a life-sized anemone. Are they from outer space? Or are they cellular forms that have been blown up into grand scale? What could be better than combining such colorful creatures with high fashion? Genius.
For more of Jason's work, check out his website - guaranteed visual enjoyment.


1 comment:

  1. Jason,

    Really beautiful and unique work!

    Michael
    OutMaturity

    ReplyDelete