Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Can't Wait to See This - Alice in Wonderland



The isle of Manhattan is all aflutter over Tim Burton these days. He currently has a very popular exhibit at MOMA, and I've also started seeing these posters for his take on Alice and Wonderland all over the city. These aren't just your ordinary paste-ups. They are actually lit from behind making them even more brilliant and attractive to passers-by.

Some other visual stunners I have lined up are Pan's Labyrinth and The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. Stay tuned for subsequent reviews.

UPDATE: Last evening (2/27/10) I watched Pan's Labyrinth and didn't really care for it at all. This "fairytale for adults" was violent with horrific imagery; not the imagery I thought I saw during the trailer. My least favorite part was also the most visually interesting. The scene depicted a sumptuous banquet with a figure who put its eyeballs into the palms of its clawed hands to see. Let's hope the other film is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment