Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

Both incendiary (above) and sweet (below) - the world has celebrated the weddings of Royal Britain in different ways. I was recently cleaning out my apartment and found the matchbook featuring a cheery portrait of Charles and Diana. I'm not sure why it's in French, nor do I know how old it is, but I consider it a timely find. On the date of Kate and William's wedding, I happened to be in our Nation's capital on business. The hotel offered guests these cute cupcakes below: jeweled crowns, the Union Jack, Kate's ring, and a heart-shaped cookie bearing the names of the happy couple.
In my plush hotel robe, and feeling pretty chuffed with myself for getting up at 4:30 a.m., I watched the nuptuals live on tv. The pageantry, the hats, the fascinators, and the clamor of the bells throughout London was exciting. A modern fairytale, it was a much-needed escape from wars and recessions. Let's just hope this one works out a lot better than the marriage of Will's mum and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment