Friday, May 8, 2020

Quarantine Creativity

As anyone who knows me could tell you, I love to take photographs all the time. Flowers are always a favorite subject especially when they are just emerging after a dreary winter. Spring is always full of subject matter for me. This year was no exception. With our obvious difficulties facing us during quarantine, I have used this time to slow down and look more carefully. I have used this time to tackle projects that have been put aside for way too long. I have used this time to be creative. I have used this time to get more exercise than I usually do. 
On my daily walks, I started to scope out trees that had buds emerging. One morning, as a break from the laptop screen and work-at-home orders, I took my camera to play with different lenses and capture some stunning florals amidst the moody spring weather. Inspiration was literally just around the corner!
Another thing I have taken the time to do during this strange period, is to connect with longtime friends the old-fashioned way. Burned out from virtual meetings, hangouts, and happy hours, I have reached out to them with written correspondence. Everyone loves some snail mail! These images and others are available as handmade greetings HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment